With so many options, finding the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Drugstore Conditioners for Damaged Hair
- REPARATIVE CONDITIONER: Dove Ultra Care Intensive Repair Conditioner nourishes to restore the appearance of damaged hair. With every wash, your hair is left nourished and damage is visibly repaired
- FOR DAMAGED HAIR: This nourishing conditioner for damaged hair visibly repairs different degrees of damage and stops 98% of future hair damage due to breakage vs. non-conditioning shampoo
- WITH BIO-RESTORE COMPLEX: This strengthening conditioner is formulated with our Bio-Restore complex for complete care that works in harmony with your hair
- HOW TO USE: After shampooing, apply this hair repair conditioner to wet hair and massage, leave on for 1 minute and rinse. For best results, use with Dove Ultra Care Intensive Repair Shampoo
- INTENSIVE REPAIR: Dove Intensive Repair is a reparative shampoo and conditioner system that targets and visibly repairs damage to regenerate the healthy look and feel of hair
- THOUGHTFULLY MADE: This damage repair conditioner is Certified Cruelty-Free by PETA and is made in 100% recycled plastic bottles, so you can feel good about switching to Dove
- Strengthening Conditioner: Strength Cure vegan healing Conditioner repairs hair damage, strengthens all hair types and textures with damage from heat styling, physical wear and tear or overprocessing
- Reparative Formula: This fortifying formula restores hair back to health; plant-based protein Keravis strengthens strands and prevents damage while powerful antioxidant Astaxanthin heals breakage
- Key Benefits: Repairs all varieties of hair damage after just one use, heals damage for all hair types and textures, protects color treatment, helps prevent future damage, strengthens and softens hair
- Suggested Use: Apply a dime-sized amount to shampooed hair, focusing on midlengths and ends where there's more breakage. Gently massage through hair to deeply penetrate. Sit 1-2 minutes. Rinse
- Trusted by salons and professionals, Pureology's conditioner formulas are all paraben-free, vegan, and safe for color-treated hair. Try the full Strength Cure range for maximum reparative benefits
- POWERFUL PROTEIN INFUSION: Visibly heal signs of hair damage with Nexxus Keraphix Conditioner for Damaged Hair. Bring the salon experience home with Nexxus’ keratin hair treatments.
- SMOOTHING KERATIN: Conditioner reaches into the hair fiber to help repair from within and deliver a smooth, conditioned feel. Continued use enables the keratin to increase hair’s resilience, leaving you with silky and luminous hair.
- KERATIN TREATMENT INFUSED WITH PROTEINFUSION: Inspired by Nexxus New York City salon, Nexxus conditioner with Keratin Protein and Black Rice is your new weapon to heal signs of damaged hair.
- SALON-CRAFTED HAIR CARE: Take the first step to rejuvenated hair with our hair repair treatment for damaged hair. Nexxus Conditioner helps repair hair, leaving it revitalized and detangled.
- THE SCIENCE OF PROTEIN: Nexxus knows hair structure consists of up to 90% protein, so Nexxus scientists use leading-edge research called Proteomics to create its revitalizing hair treatment.
- NEXXUS HAIR CARE PRODUCTS: Looking for the best shampoo and conditioner for hair repair. Nexxus Keraphix line of keratin shampoo and conditioner, plus our hair mask, restores your hair after one use.
- Repairs damaged and compromised hair, strengthens and protects hair structure, restores healthy appearance and texture
- Apply a generous amount from roots to ends on unwashed towel-dried hair.
- Comb through once and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or more. Rinse from hair, shampoo, and condition.Healthy hair
- Use by date: This product’s use by date is determined by the Period After Opening symbol. The Period After Opening symbol is marked by a box with a numerical number (X) followed by letter M for months. The symbol denotes that the product is recommended to be used within X months of opening
- Professional Salon Treatment That Instantly Transforms The Texture of Your Hair Leaving it Soft, Silky, and Easier to Manage
- Repairs, Restores, and Strengthens Weak, Damaged, and Overprocessed Hair To Restore a Healthy Look While Promoting Natural Hair Growth
- Deeply Conditions, Detangles, Hydrates, and Revives Dull and Dry Hair Improving its Manageability and Elasticity and giving it a Beautiful Shine
- Nourishes Hair with the Highest Quality Cosmetic Grade Argan Oil Rich in Essential Vitamins and Nutrients. Highly Effective All Hair Types including Permed, Natural, and Curly Hair. Sulfate Free and Paraben Free
- A Member of the Arvazallia Advanced Hair Repair System and Specially Formulated to Enhance the Texture, Softness, Manageability, Shine, and Provide Additional Damage Restoration When Used Together With Other Arvazallia Professional Series Hair Treatment Products including the Arvazallia Premium Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Ultra Curl Defining Cream with Argan Oil Curl Cream, and the Advanced Hair Repair Moisturizing Shampoo and Daily Repair Conditioner
- Garnier Sleek and Shine Leave In Conditioner: Nourishing hair cream with argan oil penetrates into frizzy, dry hair to smooth each strand; Up to 3 days sleek and long lasting frizz control even in 97 percent humidity
- Fight Frizz with Sleek and Shine: Tame your frizz with styling sprays, creams, and mists that give your look a lasting sleek and smooth finish
- Nourish and Style with Garnier Fructis: From Mega Full to Anti Frizz hair products Garnier has shampoos, leave in conditioners, hair masks, texturizing sprays and more to help you care for your hair your way
- Over 100 Years of Pioneering in Hair Care: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas; Nourish your hair with hair color and care from Garnier
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair and skin care needs, from shampoos, color care and styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize and repair skin
- EXPERT REPAIRING FORMULA: L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Conditioner for silky, healthy, stronger, supple, and easy to style hair* *with system
- CARING INGREDIENTS: Formulated with caring ingredients, featuring up to 9percent Repair Concentrate with Protein for silky, healthy-looking hair
- INDULGENT EXPERIENCE: Neither too rich nor too light, Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo and Repairing Conditioner create a perfect synergy of intense care without the weigh down
- IRRESISTIBLE FRAGRANCE: L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5’s offers a sophisticated floral, creamy blend with juicy green notes
- COMPLETE REPAIRING SYSTEM: Maximize results by using with the L'Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo and Total Repair 5 Power Restore Multi-Use Treatment
- Restores moisture and adds shine to dry, brittle hair
- Shampoo gently cleanses and softens dry hair
- Conditioner detangles and provides increases manageability and shine
- Best for fine to medium hair types in need of moisture and nourishment
- Features Redken's Moisture Complex with Argan Oil
- Grow Long Super-Fast Strength Leave-In Conditioner: With Caffeine, Ginseng, and Vitamin E, this Leave-In Conditioner from Marc Anthony detangles, smooths frizz, and gives hair the strength it needs to help reduce split ends and breakage. 8.4 fl oz.
- Long Hair, Don’t Care: Achieve perfect lengths without limits with Marc Anthony’s Grow Long collection. Moisturizing, anti-breakage formulas blended with Caffeine and Ginseng. For stronger, longer, healthier looking hair, go strong and Grow Long.
- How To Use: Spray onto wet or damp hair from roots to ends, comb through and leave in; do not rinse. Style as desired. For the best results, nourish your hair with the entire Grow Long collection. Perfect for all hair types.
- Endless Haircare Innovation: Marc Anthony’s team of style-makers and beauty lovers never sit still, traveling the world to bring you the best ingredients to create professional quality products. Paraben-free, SLS-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- True Experts in Hair: Hair doesn’t need to be complicated. Marc Anthony’s mission is to make your hair play easy with premium, fool-proof products at an affordable price. All the styles. All the fun. We do what it takes to make hair play possible.
- VISIBLE REPAIR: TRESemmé Ultra Keratin Repair Concentrate Shampoo and Conditioner visibly repair, restore and shield hair from styling and heat damage in just 30 seconds
- FAST-DETANGLE TECHNOLOGY: This ultra-fast detangle concentrated hair conditioner formula efficiently penetrates hair strands and delivers visible repair to transform dry, damaged hair
- 2X MORE WASHES: Each bottle of this conditioner equals 2 bottles of non-concentrated Keratin Repair 20.4oz and has 2X the Keratin Repair Activity. Just use half your usual dose
- TRUSTED INGREDIENTS: This deep conditioner for damaged hair is PETA-approved and is free from Parabens, Dyes, Mineral Oil, and DMDM Hydantoin. It also uses 50 percent less plastic per wash
- HAIR CARE TIPS FROM OUR STYLISTS: After shampooing, squeeze ONLY HALF of your usual dose (yes, that’s enough) and massage the gel-like conditioner as usual in wet hair
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Drugstore Conditioners for Damaged Hair
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a drugstore conditioner.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the drugstore conditioner you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which drugstore conditioner you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best drugstore conditioner for damaged hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best drugstore conditioner for your needs.
Which one of these drugstore conditioners are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.