With so many options, finding the best cream for acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best cream for acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Creams for Acne
- Fast, targeted Acne treatment for pimples, spots, and blemishes that appear unexpectedly and require a quick solution
- Maximum concentration formula with 10 percent micronized Benzoyl Peroxide that rapidly penetrates deep into the pores to remove stubborn pimples, blackheads, and acne and prevent them from reoccurring
- Natural caring ingredients like Ginger, and Chamomile soothe and care for skin
- Treat + Care for your skin with the concentrated 10 percent Benzoyl Peroxide, a medicated acne topical spot remover that treats acne breakouts, and chamomile and ginger to soothe and calm acne prone skin
- Apply a thin layer of terminator 10 to the affected area and rub all over to prevent further breakouts
- 1-ounce tube of Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Treatment Gel with maximum-strength 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication to help fight acne and prevent future breakouts for clearer looking skin
- This effective acne-fighting spot gel is clinically proven to rapidly reduce the size and redness of stubborn acne in just 2 hours and actively fights breakouts, for continuous improvement in skin's appearance throughout the day
- Its maximum strength formula contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, the acne medication dermatologists recommend most for clearer skin without a prescription
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, this maximum-strength daily stubborn acne treatment is specially formulated for acne-prone skin to help manage acne and clear breakouts
- Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying acne pimple spot treatment gel then proceed to cover affected area with a thin layer of acne gel 1 to 3 times daily
- Clears breakouts where they start (Deep in pores) and prevents new acne from forming, which ultimately restores skin's texture and tone
- Differin works differently than other Acne treatments by normalizing skin cell turnover and effectively targets two primary causes of Acne, clogged pores and inflammation
- Adapalene was created for superior tolerability compared to other prescription retinoid products not containing Adapalene; It is suitable for use as part of your morning or evening regimen
- Water based formula, oil free, alcohol free, fragrance free, non comedogenic; Helps reduce the risk of scarring and Hyperpigmentation by treating Acne
- In a clinical study, Differin gel provided up to 87 percent reduction in acne breakouts after 12 weeks, which will continue to improve with further use
- La Roche Posay's best spot treatment for acne reduces the number and severity of acne blemishes, pimples, blackheads and whiteheads
- Formulated with 5.5% micronized benzoyl peroxide and micro-exfoliating lipo-hydroxy acid (LHA), this acne spot treatment provides fast and visible results in less than 3 days.
- Acne spot treatment reduces 60% of acne in 10 days with dual action that reduces the number and severity of blemishes and clears blackheads/whiteheads
- Treats skin concerns like red, raised pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, and sensitive skin. Can be used as acne spot treatment or all over face.
- Can be used as a spot treatment or all over face. Approved for ages 13 and up and safe for sensitive skin. Non drying, oil free, fast absorbing texture
- [ ACNE FACE WASH WITH BENZOYL PEROXIDE ] This benzoyl peroxide face wash helps clear acne, pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads from skin's surface and helps prevent new acne from forming & allows skin to heal
- [ CREAM CLEANSER TO FOAMING CLEANSER ] This CeraVe face wash dispenses and applies as a soothing & creamy texture and transforms into a foam as you lather into skin. Gently remove dirt and excess oil without leaving skin feeling stripped of moisture
- [ HYDRATING ACNE WASH ] Formulated with hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's natural moisture and niacinamide to help calm skin. Fragrance free and non-comedogenic
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products, formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II)to help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- Advanced Cystic Acne Treatment: Our cystic acne treatment cream reduces cystic acne and pimples, specially developed for all types of acne skin, gentle, moisturizing, and repairing by reducing oil production, speeding up skin cell turnover, soothing and reducing inflammation, which helps to prevent scarring.
- A Unique Balanced Formula: cystic acne treatment cream contains Antibacterial, Anti-Acne ingredients that were carefully selected by professionals! SUNHEAL acne cream also includes Moisturizing and Repairing ingredients to help smooth and soften skin!
- High Quality and Really Work: Our Acne Cream was designed in the US and formulated in Japan according to the strict standards. This cystic acne treatment cream doesn't contain any GMOs, artificial colors,! Remove pimples from your skin with our fast-absorbing face moisturizer for acne prone skin.
- Directions For Use: Take an appropriate amount of this Cystic Acne Treatment Cream and apply it evenly on the acne-producing area of the face and body like Back,Hip,,Chest,Neck,Shoulders andUpper arms.Apply it 3-4 times a day, or apply it 4-6 times if it is a serious condition for 4 weeks at least.
- Positive Experience Guaranteed: We stand for your satisfaction with our products. We hope that you enjoy our acne treatment cream.Forget about breakouts and cystic acne, start to treat your skin right with Acne Treatment!
- Four 1-fluid ounce tubes of benzoyl peroxide acne medication for the treatment of acne
- Micronized benzoyl peroxide formula releases the medicine deep into pores where pimples begin
- Active ingredient: 10% Benzoyl Peroxide acne medication
- Dermatologist tested. Do not use if you have very sensitive skin or are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- HYDRATES & CLEARS BREAKOUTS: Shine-free hydration with .5% Salicylic Acid clears and prevents breakouts while improving tone and texture in sensitive skin
- BOTANICAL & PREBIOTIC COMPLEX SOOTHES ACNE REDNESS: Formulated with botanicals and prebiotic complex to help nourish skin and soothe acne redness
- DEFENDS AGAINST FIVE SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Defends against five signs of skin sensitivity including a weakened skin barrier, irritation, roughness, tightness, and dryness
- FROM THE #1 Doctor Recommended Sensitive Skincare Brand FACIAL SKINCARE BRAND
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier
- FACE CREAM: Clinically proven to improve the appearance of acne blemishes, Burt's Bees spot treatment cream for acne breakouts reduces redness and promotes healthy-looking skin
- NATURAL SKIN CARE: Formulated with salicylic acid from willow bark and witch hazel extract, Burt's Bees acne spot treatment is a 99;5% natural cream helping to reduce and prevent acne breakouts
- GENTLE TREATMENT: Designed for acne-prone skin, Burt's Bees acne solutions maximum strength spot treatment is a natural, non-irritating cream that soothes troubled spots on your skin
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Cream is a clinically tested noncomedogenic acne spot treatment that improves blemishes treats skin for a clear, smooth face
- #1 Dermatologist Recommended Natural Skincare Brand
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Creams for Acne
When it comes to choosing the best cream for acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a cream.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best cream for acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best cream for acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best cream for acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best cream for acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the cream you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which cream you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best cream for acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best cream for your needs.
Which one of these creams are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.