With so many options, finding the best co wash for 4c hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best co wash for 4c hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Co Washes for 4C Hair
- MOISTURIZE AND SOFTEN Ultra-rich cleansing conditioner is gentle on hair for a moisturized feel and ultimate softness and manageability
- ARGAN OIL FORMULA Paraben-free and sulfate-free formula infused with Argan Oil
- THOUGHTFULLY DEVELOPED The gold standard in moisture, developed by Black PhD scientists and perfected by Black hair stylists
- STYLIST TIP: Use in place of shampoo and conditioner, in-between washes
- 12 fl oz of Aunt Jackie's Purify Me Moisturizing Co-Wash Cleanser
- Nourishing moisture, penetrating conditioners and deep cleansing for chronically dry hair and protective styling
- Helps improve overall hair health and leaves hair feeling softer and easier to manage
- Enriched with flaxseed, avocado, coconut and apple cider vinegar
- Excellent therapy for all hair types and textures
- Cleansing And Detangling: Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner rinses away impurities as it deeply moisturizes from root to tip and quickly detangles curls, coils, kinks, and waves
- Deep Moisture For Curly Hair: Use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner, Leave-In Conditioner, and Styling Pudding to help prevent frizz, softly define curls, and hydrate hair without crunch or residue
- Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner are ideal for curly hair, hair prone to dryness, and any hair type that needs a little extra moisture protection; Use sulfate-free conditioner and shampoo together for best results
- Carol's Daughter Curly Hair Products: Whether your curls are coiled, kinky, or loose, we make products for curly hair of all kinds, including curl custard, gel for curly hair, shampoo, conditioner, and hair oils for natural hair growth
- Made With Love: Carol's Daughter was born in a Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 and made with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of hair care products and body and skin care products
- As I Am Leave-in Conditioner 8oz and Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner 16oz
- Coconut CoWash Gently Cleanses Hair and Scalp and Makes Detangling a Breeze
- Leave-In Conditioner Helps Strengthen Hair and Seals the Cuticle Layer
- Powerful Duo for Deep-Down Hydrating and Cleansing
- Helps to Maintain Your Curls and Coils
- THE BENEFITS OF BABASSU: This unique formula fuses invigorating natural oils with a rich blend of healthy fatty acids from pure South American babassu oil to strengthen hair elasticity and reduce breakage while smoothing ends, frizz, and flyaways
- NOURISH HAIR & SCALP: With nutrient-rich oils and complex amino acids from wheat, soy, and other natural ingredients, this moisturizer penetrates and replenishes your follicles and skin for a healthy scalp and soft, bouncy hair
- SCULPT & DEFINE: Our intensive blend of proteins and conditioners can be used as a sculpting gel to hydrate and condition hair while adding definition and lasting shine to curls, waves, coils, and chemically-treated styles
- SAFE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: Our versatile Babassu & Mint Deep Conditioner with Protein promotes manageable, radiant hair for all hair types, deeply nourishing types 3A to 4C, color-treated hair, braids, weaves, and both low and high porosity level hair
- BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Mielle Organics aims to empower women of all hair types and styles with powerful products and gentle, organic ingredients that amplify your natural beauty and are the “root to results” that leave you looking and feeling your best
- Kiss dry hair goodbye, say hello to soft, moisturized curls. This lightweight formula has a perfect combination of moisture and antioxidants. It improves manageability, fights frizz, and transforms dry brittle strands into soft, smooth, healthy hair.
- This time saving cowash combines the cleansing agents of traditional shampoos with the moisturizing agents of conditioners giving you a quick cleanse and condition when saving time is a must. It will also help prevent split ends and reduces breakage.
- Curls are instantly brought back to life with cleansing and moisturizing sweet almond oil and pure african shea butter. This 3 in 1 cleanser, conditioner, and detangler cleans dirty hair while restoring moisture to dry tendrils.
- To use: Wet hair completely and apply a generous amount to cleanse scalp and remove excess product build up. Rinse with warm water. Follow with tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave in Conditioner, and for extra conditioning, tgin Honey Miracle Hair Mask.
- Black, Women Owned: Our team at tgin is 96% women and 100% Black-owned. Our products do not contain sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, and we do not test on animals.
- Wash day conditioner brings surprise and delight to your wash day with our unique jelly-to-cream formula that transforms from a thick jelly to a nourishing cream to moisturize hair from root to ends and minimize tangles
- Instant moisture- Our nourishing jelly-to-cream conditioner formula, blended with Glycerin, a naturally-derived ingredient known to lock in moisture - and rose water, Leaves hair petal soft, hydrated and Blooming with shine
- Easy detangling- this conditioner for natural curly hair, with tangle-melting technology, easily spreads through hair providing a perfect slip so curls glide past each other, minimizing tangles, and untying hairs knots
- Cut down time on wash day- pair carol's daughter wash day delight jelly-to-cream conditioner with our wash day delight micellar water-to-foam shampoo for the best results - Moisture at every step and easy combing
- Ingredients- Our Deep hair conditioner is blended with Glycerin and rose water. Vegan and free of parabens, petrolatum, mineral oils and Artificial colors
- INSTANT MAKE OVER FOR DRY, DAMAGED, COLOR TREATED HAIR: This luxurious deep conditioner contains raw honey for softer, shinier tresses and jojoba and olive oils, which nourish and heal strands in need of repair. Hair never looked so good!
- A MIRACLE TREATMENT FOR YOUR HAIR: Raw Honey moisturizes your hair, making it softer and shinier. Restore health and strengthen damaged and over-processed hair to give your hair a beautiful and healthy look.
- NOURISHES, REPAIRS, MOISTURIZES: Olive and Jojoba oils provide vital nutrients to your hair and Vitamins A, E and D to nourish and heal strands in need of repair. Keeps your hair moisturized and less prone to breakage.
- HOW TO USE: Apply a generous amount. Comb to ensure thorough distribution from roots to ends. Place a plastic cap on and sit under dryer for 10-15 min (35 min to 1 hour no heat). Rinse thoroughly with warm water, followed by cool water.
- BLACK, WOMEN OWNED: Our team at tgin is 96% women and 100% black-owned. Our products do not contain sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, and we do not test on animals.
- ABOUT THE PRODUCT: Urban Hydration Castor Oil Co-Wash and Conditioner is an all natural product safe for all hair types and natural, relaxed, and color treated hair. This product is also great for high porosity hair and type 3 and 4 hair. This co-wash and conditioner instensely cleanses, moisturizes and revitalizes dry hair in one wash. It helps to also thicken, strengthen and rapidly increase hair growth, prevent breakage, and calms dry, itchy scalp caused by eczema and dandruff
- WHY YOU NEED THIS: While Urban Hydration's hair care guarantees all clean natural products, Ginger and Aloe Vera juice ingredients help heal damage and add additional moisture
- HOW TO USE: Apply desired amount into palm and work through wet hair from roots to ends. Massage into scalp. Lightly detangle (optional). Rinse thoroughly.
- CAREFULLY FORMLATED: Our Jamaican Castor Oil products are Sulfate, Paraben, Phthalate, Paraffin, and Dye Free while containing all natural and clean ingredients that leave your hair healthy. Safe for all hair types, rich with Vitamin A and E
- ABOUT US: Urban Hydration values community and giving back. With our collective efforts, we aim to be a force for global good. For every product sold, 1 gallon of water is donated, enabling communities without access to clean drinking water to Urban Hydration's clean water donations. Be part of the global impact and movement
- MICELLAR CLEANSING VEGAN SHAMPOO: Made with Aloe, technology transforms from a water to a gentle foam lather for a deep clean of hair and scalp without stripping to help cut down time on wash day. Best for Curly, Wavy, and Coily Hair.
- UNIQUE JELLY TO CREAM CONDITIONER FORMULA: Add Surprise and delight to your wash day with our innovative formula that transforms from a thick jelly to a nourishing cream to moisturize hair from root to ends and detangle curls.
- CURLY HAIR BUNDLE: Pair Clarifying Shampoo and Hair Conditioner for best results. 98 percent naturally-derived ingredients; blended with Glycerin and Aloe for hair - sulfate free, silicone free, paraben free, no artificial colors, and vegan formula.
- HOW TO USE: Apply shampoo with pointed tip to target the scalp. Gently massaging while working lather through the ends that will lift away buildup and cleanse without stripping; After apply moisturizing conditioner into natural hair, rinse afterwards
- COILY, CURLY, WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: Carol’s Daughter Wash Day Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner Set created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A curl types; Complete your wash day routine with this bundle to enhance your coils and curls
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Co Washes for 4C Hair
When it comes to choosing the best co wash for 4c hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a co wash.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best co wash for 4c hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best co wash for 4c hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best co wash for 4c hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best co wash for 4c hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the co wash you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which co wash you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best co wash for 4c hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best co wash for your needs.
Which one of these co washs are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.