With so many options, finding the best body wash for acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best body wash for acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Body Washes for Acne
- [ EXFOLIATING BODY WASH ] Salicylic Acid (SA) is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), an exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and smooths skin. It acts as a chemical exfoliant, which feels less harsh than physical ones like exfoliating body scrubs.
- [ HYDRATING & SMOOTHING ] Salicylic Acid helps exfoliate rough skin and bumps that can appear on the upper arms and legs, leaving a softer, smoother look and feel. Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin.
- [ SALICYLIC ACID SKIN CARE ] Massage CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash into skin in gentle, circular motions with a washcloth or shower loofah. Can be paired with CeraVe Salicylic Acid Moisturizing Cream for Rough and Bumpy Skin to moisturize & exfoliate.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more. Fragrance free, paraben-free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic
- PROVIDES 24 HOUR DRYNESS RELIEF WITH ADVANCED MOISTURE BLEND: Formula with Advanced Moisture Blend including Glycerin, Shea Butter and Soybean Oil provides 24-hour dryness relief.
- GENTLY EXFOLIATES, ELIMINATING BLEMISHES AND BLACKHEADS WITH OTC 2% SALICYLIC ACID: New acne clearing body wash with maximum concentration of OTC 2% Salicylic Acid treats acne by gently exfoliating, eliminating blemishes, and blackheads with Advanced Moisture Blend to provide 24-hr dryness relief
- HELPS PROMOTE HEALTHY LOOKING SKIN AND PREVENT FUTURE BREAKOUTS: Treats underlying causes of breakouts with out overdrying skin by gently dissolving dead skin cells to help promote healthy looking skin and prevent future breakouts.
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Acne Relief Body Wash is Dermatologist tested and specifically formulated for sensitive skin, Fragrance free, hypoallergenic, paraben and sulfate free, free of synthetic dyes and provides 24-hour dryness relief.
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin
- Maximum strength formula contains 10% Benzoyl peroxide
- Highest over the counter Benzoyl peroxide wash available
- Maximum strength, antimicrobial foaming wash kills acne-causing bacteria on contact and lifts dirt from pores for a fresher, clearer you.
- Works to clean and unclog pores on face, chest and back
- Clears existing acne and helps prevent new blemishes from forming
- 8.5-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Stubborn Body Acne Cleanser and Exfoliator with dermatologist tested ingredients Salicylic Acid (SA) and PHA for acne-prone skin to clear blemishes, help prevent breakouts and gently exfoliate skin
- This fragrance-free body wash is formulated with 1% Salicylic Acid, a proven acne fighting ingredient to treat and help prevent future breakouts, and Gluconolactone (PHA), to provide gentle exfoliation, for smoother, clearer skin
- The Salicylic Acid treatment with BHA and PHA is ideal for use on the back, chest and shoulders. The formula made without fragrances, exfoliates and penetrates pores while gently removing dirt and oil without over drying skin
- To help prevent blemishes, pimples and other future breakouts, use this stubborn acne shower gel daily. To use, wet body, gently massage cleanser over body for 20 to 30 seconds, rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- From a dermatologist-recommended skincare brand, Neutrogena Stubborn Body Acne Cleanser and Exfoliator gently exfoliates, clears and helps prevent breakouts without over drying, making it a perfect addition to any daily skincare routine
- One 8.5-fluid ounce bottle of clarifying pink grapefruit body wash with salicylic acid
- Salicylic acid acne medication with naturally derived grapefruit extract and vitamin C
- Dermatologist tested foaming body wash
- Refreshing formula that helps fight body breakouts, and prevent new ones, without drying out the skin
- Use daily in the shower or bath to fight acne
- If you like Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash Pink Grapefruit, we invite you to try Amazon Basics Clarifying Pink Grapefruit Body Wash
- Alexa voice shopping enabled: to place your next order, just say, “Alexa, reorder Amazon Basics Body Wash"
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- Pack with three bottles of 8.5-fluid ounces each of Neutrogena Body Clear Acne-Fighting Body Wash with 2% salicylic acid acne medication to help fight breakouts on your back, chest, and shoulders
- Gentle body wash formula contains a proven acne-fighting ingredient, salicylic acid, which is used to treat existing acne breakouts and help prevent future ones without over-drying or irritating your skin
- Designed specifically for acne-prone skin to help clear skin and treat acne. Features an effective yet gentle formula containing glycerin to help prevent dryness in skin
- Refreshing oil-free acne body wash is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores. It rinses away completely with-our pore clogging residue, leaving your skin feeling clean
- Leaves skin feeling refreshed after use for clean, clear skin. From Neutrogena, the #1 dermatologist recommended acne brand
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Oil Soap is cruelty free and not tested on animals; made in USA
- Maximum Strength Tea Tree Body Wash: Botanic Hearth Foot and Body Wash is made with 100% pure and natural tea tree oil; Contains potent beneficial ingredients; paraben-free
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree soap / Tea Tree Oil Body Wash / Cleanser / Shower Soap is made using traditional European techniques from premium botanicals rich in skin conditioning ingredients
- Powerful broad spectrum æingredients: The Foot and Body Wash helps wash away and defend impurities from the skin surface responsible for body odor, athletes foot, ringworm, jock itch, acne, toenail issues, and other common foot and skin irritation
- Safety Warning: For external use only. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Must be followed by a moisturizer immediately after use of the product. People who has sensitive skin should not use the product. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use
- Effective and nourishing body scrub to clear acne on back, shoulders and chest and prevent future breakouts without stripping skin
- Deep cleans without stripping skin
- Features an AHA/BHA complex of glycolic and salicylic acids to break up clogged pores and reduce the appearance of post-acne marks and discoloration
- Water-soluble vitamin E exfoliating beads work to remove pore-clogging impurities and nourish skin
- Gentle enough for daily use and all skin types
- 🌿 Extra Strength Tea Tree Shower Gel : a powerful odor eliminator with Cranberry oil & Pomegranate Seed Oil that helps with acne as well as other skin irritations including Candida, Foot odor, Toenail issues, Athletes Foot, Nail Issues, Jock Itch,. Our Natural Tea Tree Mint Foot & Bodywash is formulated with a blend of 100% Pure Essential oils….Not Synthetic Fragrances! Gentle enough for those with sensitive skin.
- 🌿 Natural Ingredients: Our men and women gentle shower moisturizer is made from premium botanical tea tree oil and peppermint oil. We have other oils like coconut to moisturize & refresh. No parabens, sulfates, petroleum, silicone, synthetic fragrances or dyes that are in other gels, lotions, soaps, cleansers,washes, shampoo,creams and ointments. It soothes Dry, Itchy, Cracked, Flaky Skin.
- 🌿 Say Good bye to Smelly Stinky Foot, Itchy Scalp & Body Odor: Fight bad odor from overactive sweat glands in the Groin, Armpits and Feet leaving your skin clean and refreshed. A must for athletes and gymnastics! Perfect for all skin types!
- 🌿 Versatile Moisturizing Liquid Clear Body Shower Gel: Soothing to foot and body, fights skin irritations and acne/ blemish on your face, hands, heels, toe nails, elbow, back, chest, and butt. Preferred by parents with active kids. Helps with Lice Prevention! Parents love our soap for years to keep those little buggers away!
- 🌿 Effective Clinically Proven Ingredients: Our Teatree Peppermint Oil Liquid Soap / Minty Daily shower soap/ creamy detox treatment is made using the Highest Quality Ingredients. Made in USA. First Botany products are cruelty free. Perfect for teens, male, females and families!
- ACNE FIGHTING BODY WASH anyone who suffers from body blemishes will appreciate our medical-grade treatment for an over-the-counter price.
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED acne-fighting wash features maximum strength 2% salicylic acid, plus cucumber, niacinamide and aloe. The result? Creamy, smooth, cleansing hydration that calms, refreshes and helps combat skin impurities.
- SKIN LOVING INGREDIENTS Salicylic Acid - Maximum strength OTC acne fighting medication. Niacinamide - Deep cleans & tightens pores. Cucumber - Helps soothe. Aloe - Soothing and moisturizing botanical. Niacinamide - Helps balance oil production.
- BETTER PACKAGING this pretty bottle is 100% PCR (Post Consumer Recycled) Plastic! Recycle it again!
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil, sulfates, or talc
- 100% VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE safe for the planet, animals, and you!
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Body Washes for Acne
When it comes to choosing the best body wash for acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a body wash.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best body wash for acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best body wash for acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best body wash for acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best body wash for acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the body wash you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which body wash you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best body wash for acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best body wash for your needs.
Which one of these body washs are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.